Southernmost Coast – Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist (ITDS)
|Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist|
|Southernmost Coast – South Miami|
|TBD-Based on experience|
|1. Complete assessments/evaluations of the child’s health and developmental status and of the family’s educational and support needs.
2. Include the family/caregiver in all aspects of service design and delivery.
3. Use mediated learning strategies to support the care giver/child interactions.
4. Consult with other members of the multidisciplinary team to assure cohesive and consistent goals based on the developmental needs and capabilities of each child.
5. Comply with documentation requirements outlined in the Department of Health (DOH) Children’s Medical Services Early Steps Policies and Procedures, the Medicaid Early Intervention Handbook, and Easter Seals Florida Policies and Procedures.
6. Complete all evaluation reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
7. Follow all safety procedures as required by organization policy and procedure.
8. Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with families, co-workers, and referral sources.
9. Report all incidents and accidents immediately.
10. Report any suspicion of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation of clients pursuant to Chapter 415, F.S.
11. Attendance and punctuality are essential duties due to direct client services.12. Driving is an essential function of this position.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in early childhood special education, early childhood development, or a related field; or licensed as a Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist; and a minimum of one year direct hands on work experience with young children and their families.
State of Florida Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist Certification (or eligible upon hire)
Medicaid Provider, or eligible on hire
Meet Easter Seals Florida Approved Driver Requirements
|Counties Served (all or specify):|