The Child Outcomes Measurement System is reported to the federal government and public annually, and measures the percentage of infants and toddlers who demonstrate improved developmental and learning outcomes from program entry to exit.
All Early Steps local office staff, service coordinators and providers who are involved in the Child Outcomes Summary process are required to complete training. Below are resources and helpful videos for these individuals.
- Resources and Activities to Integrate the Child Outcomes Into the IFSP Process
- COS Sources of Information
- COS Ratings Definitions
- Including Families in the Rating Discussion
- ECTA Center: Child Outcomes Step by Step Video
- ECTA Center: Child Outcome Summary
- ECTA Center: Age-expected resources
- ECTA Center: Breadth of the Three Child Outcomes
- Child Outcomes Summary FAQ
- Child Outcomes Summary Form
- Child Outcomes Summary Implementation Guidance
- ECTA Center: Age Anchoring Guidance for Determining Child Outcomes Summary Ratings
- ECTA Center: COS-TC Quality Process Checklist
- ECTA Center: Guidance on Using the Child Outcomes Summary Team Collaboration Checklist